The risk of developing, suffering from, and possibly dying from many chronic diseases and disorders increase dramatically with advancing age. These so-called "age-related diseases" include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Heart attack
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Alzheimer's disease
- Other dementias
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of libido
Anti-aging medicine is a relatively new and rapidly evolving field of medicine that aims to reduce the risk of developing and/or diminish the severity of these age-related diseases.
Chronological aging is inevitable. However, unbeknownst to most people as well as many physicians, recent and on-going scientific advances have greatly increased our understanding of the cellular physiology and biochemistry of the aging process, as well as interventions that can slow or even potentially reverse biologic aging.
The goal is not just living longer but rather extending our "healthspan," which is the number of years we live in good health and with optimal vitality.
To learn more about Anti-aging medicine call (408) 964-0843 to speak personally with Dr. Erdman or book an appointment at Prime Time of Life by phone or online today.
Prime Time of Life, Inc. is a concierge medical practice located in Saratoga, California, focused on providing the latest science-based anti-aging medicine to both men and women.
Dr. Daniel E. Erdman, M.D., the medical director of Prime Time of Life, practices "personalized precision medicine." This means that every patient is carefully evaluated and treated based on their unique genetic and metabolic makeup, as well as their personal health issues, concerns, and goals.
At Prime Time of Life, the important components of your personalized and science-based anti-aging medicine program will include:
- Dr. Erdman will personally, thoroughly, and carefully review your current health status and goals In a comfortable and non-rushed concierge medical practice environment.
This will include a review of your current medications and supplements with recommendations for modification based on their benefits, potential adverse effects, and the impact they may have on healthy aging.
- In addition to routine laboratory testing, such as complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel and standard cholesterol/lipid panel testing, Dr. Erdman will recommend, as well as provide the education necessary to understand, more specialized and focused laboratory testing which is now available to more accurately assess your personal risk factors.
These tests may include:
- Advanced lipid testing
- LDL particle count
- Lipoprotein (a)
- Apolipoprotein A1
- Apolipoprotein B
- Hemoglobin A1C
- C-reactive protein
- Genomic analysis
- Gut microbiome testing
- Epigenetic age testing
What is genomic analysis?
What is the gut microbiome, and why is it important?
What is epigenetics and the epigenetic clock?
- Comprehensive preventive medicine, screening, and risk reduction strategies. The easiest and best approaches to living longer and healthier include:
- Avoid developing a potentially preventable disease
- Early detection of a potentially curable disease.
- Science-based personalized diet and exercise plans designed specifically to promote longevity and healthy aging, along with the education necessary to understand these recommendations.
- A good understanding of the science behind these recommendations will greatly increase the likelihood of your long term compliance.
- Diagnosis of sleep apnea and other sleep disorders with recommendations for appropriate treatment options
- Adequate good quality sleep is critical to your overall health
- Evaluation of any possible hormonal basis for your health issues.
- If appropriate for you, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) may help restore your health and vitality.
- Consideration of more novel therapies, including:
- NAD+ boosters
- Autophagy and senolytic therapies
- Exosomes and stem cells
- Body composition analysis, as well as strength and mental acuity testing to assess your baseline status and track your progress with treatment.